GUI AND FUNCTIONALITIES
The current website has implemented a few standard components. For each page, the header of the website consists of two logos (The university and the department’s logo) which both linked to the Home page. There are two navigation bar, navigations on the first row consisting of normal hyperlinks with hover effect which are Home (homepage), Search (an advanced searching page) and external links of E-library and E-learning. The second row is the main drop-down menu navigations of IT department website that consist of ABOUT, PROGRAMS, ENQUIRY, EVENTS and PARTNERS.
THE FOOTER OF THE WEBSITE CONSIST OF SIX COMPONENTS
- “Student Project” area showing the photos of the project that their students have created.
- “What People Say About Us” area showing the words that left by their graduated students.
- There is also a simplified sitemap at “Our Service”.
- The details of the university’s social media (Facebook) stated in “Follow Us” area.
- The address of the university is at the “Locate Us” area.
- The bottom of the website is the Copyright statement of the website.
The whole website is using a white background and black font color which is a good contrast and easy to read. For the heading of each different section and navigation bar uses a black bar and white font color which is the inverse of the normal texts to show or highlight it as a head or title. The font family used is Arial which everyone familiar with and easy to read. The website makes use of slideshow to present photos which would look tidy and space saving, however, the images are mostly not clickable and not really an important image to deliver any useful information for the visitors. All clickable buttons are applied with hover effect which would allow the visitors to know it can be clicked.
- Search – allow visitors to search for a certain keyword or category and sort the order of the search result.
- Enquiry form – allow visitors to send their personal information and preferred program to the admin
- Contact (email) – allow visitors to send an email to the admin.
- Video – allow visitors to play video provided
FLOW DIAGRAM TO ILLUSTRATE THE NAVIGATIONS OF THE WEBSITE